School Magazine

Front Cover:

The school magazine must be suitable for the target audience which is between 11 and 18 as this is the range of ages who will be buying and reading the product. Therefore, I knew I had to make it creative and vibrant to appeal to all of them. Therefore, I decided to use bright colours to attract the buyer, however, I chose a blue and Yellow main colour scheme as it also matches the school logo, therefore it creates a sense of ownership for the reader as they know it is part of the school they attend, also it makes the magazine look more professional if the colour scheme has a link to an image or topic.

My front cover originally had a plain, blue background however, the image sharp image that I could stretch it to fit the full page, therefore it shows the main person that features in the magazine and tells the buyer what that issue will be based on.

The Title of my magazine is in bold and fills the top of the cover, as this will tell the buyer what it is about as 'Heworth News' would tell the students who may buy it that, it is about the things that go on in the school.

The lighting on the photo was really good because it emphasises her pale skin which contrasts with the dark grey object she is resting on, therefore it makes her stand out and the buyer will be attracted to the image making them buy the magazine.

The colour scheme is yellow, blue and white. The yellow and blue are bright colours therefore they will appeal to the reader, however, they also match the school's logo therefore it shows it is related to it.The texts and fonts used are clear and simple which makes it easier for the buyer to read.

I have used a star shape to contain the price so the reader will be drawn to it immediately as it is a main feature of the magazine as it is cheaper, therefore it is another factor that would persuade the viewer to buy it.


Contents Page:

My contents page links with my front cover through the colour scheme and fonts, as I have used the same ones because if I changed them all the reader would not think the contents pages is part of the magazine.

I created a banner across the top of the page in a contrasting colour to the font colour to allow the text to be seen clearly.
I listed the events that would be discussed throughout the magazine down the left hand side of the page in a column style. Page numbers were added to indicate where the reader can find that particular story.

The two images used link to two of the stories to give the reader a preview of what the stories would be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment