In what ways does my media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

My media product uses many key features of my style models which are real magazines such as:

* Colour Scheme - My colour scheme is black, white and red, which are similar to my style models as they are the colours that my target audience said in the questionnaires they were attracted to when it comes to purchasing a music magazine, therefore I have concentrated mainly on these three colours to make my product seem professional and suitable for my target audience of young adults.

* Images - My main front cover image has been developed from my style model as the photo of 'Florence' dominates the page, therefore I decided to use a close up image of a female and used her face and hair as the background to my front cover similar to my style model. However, I developed it by producing a softer image  as I edited the photo naturally rather than completely editing all the colours of the image like 'Q' has done, as my I did not want a harsh image as the tagline to her story links to her picture.

* Layout - My layout is the typical convention of a music magazine of this genre such as 'Q' as I did not want an organised mess, as the target audience revealed they wanted a clear layout where all the text could be read easily. Also, the main image is the centre of my layout therefore the text and shapes had to go around it which centralises the main story being about that specific artist.

* Genre - My decided music genre was alternative music which is the same as my style model as it allowed me to express this genre through the use of my colour scheme, images and text.

No comments:

Post a Comment