What kind of media institution might distribute my media product and why?

Distribution of my music magazine:

My music magazine would need to be largely promoted, along with the top music magazine, especially ones with a similar structure and genre, as this is my competition and I want the target audience to purchase my magazine more rather than my competition, as this would increase the popularity of mine and perhaps develop the audience for my magazine into an older or younger age group, rather than just young adults.

I have researched into a media company called 'Bauer'. Bauer is a media advertising production company that allows magazines to be advertised and promoted professionally, with new technologies and to a high standard.

The company already has production contacts such as:
- Q
- Mojo
- Kerrang!
- Pop
- Grazia

Three of these are top music magazines right now (Q, Mojo, Kerrang!), and my magazine is based around Q as it is my base style model, therefore this media company would be suitable to promote my product, as it has worked with a similar magazine in the past. Also, Grazia dominates the fashion magazines, therefore I know this company is reliable as it has promoted great magazines that are now at the top of their genres and very popular with various different audiences.

However, the only competitor with this company is 'Q' therefore I think my media product would be successful as there are not many other music magazines with a similar style or genre, as most the magazines with this company are rock or pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment